pre2k.com
you never open your mouth until you know what the shot is
 
 


The latest:

Thursday, September 21, 2006
>> 
Bryan, Jen and all you folks still at the Sun & Vegas.com. Here's a great blog entry from some guy about how newspapers need to change for the web. (Blatantly stolen from Daring Fireball.)

Some guy I know used to say "Print is dead." I disagree. I think print is more useful than ever, but in a totally different way. The web can now be like newspapers were in the '20s. radio was in the '50s, and TV was until now -- the place where people get the newest news, but now, with more fact density than ever possible before. And newspapers need to be more like what news weeklies were in the last few decades: the best place for deep analysis and real investigative journalism.

The web can be used to store the raw structured data, as well as the stories written with the data, but if done right, it gives the user the power to become the investigative journalist, cross-checking the facts from different sources and making more conclusions on their own.

That article almost makes me wish I were back at the Sun, since it's now on the cusp of a major change in the way it works.

I started writing this entry here, at pre2k, but I'll probably move it and expand on it at my blog, since I'm not sure this one is even alive any more. (Bryan -- maybe turn on comments?)



Comments: Post a Comment
 
 

 

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?