pre2k.com
you never open your mouth until you know what the shot is
 
 


The latest:

Tuesday, August 09, 2005
>> 

Six Degrees
Originally uploaded by beatnikside.
Many have attempted to scale Seattle's Mount Bacon, located atop Phinney Ridge inside Red Mill Burgers. Only the bravest return, usually with a few grease stains on their work shirts and the remains of a Creamsicle shake. Bastards didn't even bring us any of those batter-dipped onion rings. Screw 'em.

Okay, here's the thing: A few weeks ago, GQ named Red Mill's Double Bacon Deluxe with Cheese as one of The 20 Hamburgers You Must Eat Before You Die. Before last Saturday, I'd never enjoyed said burger; I always ordered the Verde Burger, which is loaded with Anaheim peppers and Jack cheese and is godlike. But that was before I knew I had to eat 20 burgers so I could die happily, so last Saturday I took my first step towards immortality and, in the process, stood in the shadow of Mount Bacon for the first time.

Well, what can I tell you? It was one hell of a bacon cheeseburger. I still have a soft spot for Carls Jr's Western Bacon Cheeseburger -- a must for driving from California to Vegas, along with the strawberry shake in Baker -- but Red Mill's cardiovascular terrorist jumped to the top of my list after just one (probably ill-advised) bite. Goddamn it, that's a great fucking burger. It's well-worth a stop the next time you're in Seattle, if you have the courage. And maybe a bib.



Comments: Post a Comment
 
 

 

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?