|
The latest:
Monday, August 01, 2005
>> Recently the missus talked me into upgrading the cable; she wanted Turner Classic Movies. I resisted for a long time because I was afraid of exactly what happened earlier this evening: I flipped through several hundred channels of shit and realized that the stuff I want is on the package I'm not paying for -- the next package up, the one I looked at not two fucking weeks ago and thought, "Ah, this is too much TV. I won't even notice this shit is missing."
Anyway, on a somewhat related note, I'm watching VH1 Classic and it's fucking me up, all these videos from the mid-80s. I've been watching rock videos for 22 years, and they haven't gotten any better. Except for the videos by Spike Jonze, particularly his video for Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice." Anyway, long story short, I felt old and violated after watching Duran Duran's "Rio" and went lookning for the Fatboy Slim clip to purify myself. I found it, along with a bunch of student-made parodies. I didn't know they existed before tonight, and also I'll bet you don't give a damn, but here they are anyway. Maxboy Slim Some Dude That Turner Classic Movies is pretty dang neato.
Comments:
Post a Comment
|