pre2k.com
you never open your mouth until you know what the shot is
 
 


The latest:

Saturday, July 09, 2005
>> 
Via Flickr: Photos of the video arcades and handheld electronic toys of the 1970s. I always appreciate it when the electronic frontier crystalizes a half-forgotten memory, as I appreciate knowing that I'm not the only one who thought Mattel Electronics' games were the shit. Like calling into the lonely wilderness and hearing a voice echo back: "Yes, I was a geek too."

Sure wish he had the Battlestar Galactic hand-held. Hell, I wish I'd kept mine. I got one from my friend Terrence, in exchange for an Atari Pong unit. I wish I'd kept that one, too. The PSP may have every one of the pictured units beat for computing power (indeed, I think one PSP beats all of them combined), but the shape of these toys! Man, that's what the future was supposed to look like.



Comments: Post a Comment
 
 

 

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?