|
The latest:
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
>> Fans that visited the park on Sunday -- note that I said "fans" and not "zealots" -- waited all night for the ceremony, a free pair of golden mouse ears, a birthday cupcake and the privilege of riding the re-opened, re-engineered Space Mountain. The revamped ride is getting raves; the park's re-dedication, ah, not so much. Guess it takes a special kind of white-gloved handjob, mouseaphorically speaking, to soothe the savage dorks of the internet -- and as far as they're concerned, Disney failed to give it. Nevertheless, I kind of wish I had been at Disneyland, and I might have been if not for the small problem of hating most other people. I'm not without my smooshy side, though, and I did wade a bit in the flood of nostalgia coming out of Anaheim -- some company-generated, but most of it created by individuals whose love and hate of everything Disney makes mine look tame by comparison. Roll those canary slacks up, Arnold. Via MiceAge: Celebrities at Disneyland over the years (MiceAge's entire 50th Anniversary photo package is worth looking at) Via Jim Hill Media: Re-dedication coverage Disneyland (official site)
Comments:
Post a Comment
|