pre2k.com
you never open your mouth until you know what the shot is
 
 


The latest:

Friday, March 05, 2004
>> 
I didn't spend as much time with O'Callaghan as Bryan has, but I'll add my two cents. When I still working for the Sun, back in '96, we got a visit from several Dutch newspaper publishers. As the resident Dutchman I was their host. After showing them our online operation I got them in for a a visit with "the Governor. " He often liked to talk about his respect for the Dutch troops he fought with in Korea, so he definitely wanted to see our guests. As I was leading them back outside, I asked them what they thought of O'Callaghan, but I already knew the word they would use to describe him before they even responded: "Ijzervreter." Strictly translated, that's "iron-eater." He certainly was one of the toughest guys I've met, but there are a lot of tough guys in this world. What set O'Callaghan apart was the generosity and humility at his core.



Comments: Post a Comment
 
 

 

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?