pre2k.com
you never open your mouth until you know what the shot is
 
 


The latest:

Tuesday, November 04, 2003
>> 


Taking a page from Mr. Carter's book, I've decided to post a photo or two. Haven't had time to get all of them uploaded and captioned, so I'm just putting up a teaser.

This is the Nevada State Capitol in Carson City. The picture was taken on Saturday, while I was attending the Nevada Day Parade.

Anyone who has known me for a while knows how much I love Nevada Day, which is Oct 31. In Carson City, Halloween was always Oct. 30. We'd then lug our bags of candy down to the parade on Oct. 31, since it's a state holiday (no school!).

A few years ago, the holiday was moved to the Friday closest to the 31st, with the parade taking place on the closest Saturday. It's probably a good thing, because it means more people can attend the parade. But most people who I saw at the parade would say, "Happy Nevada Day! Well, not really. But you know what I mean!"

It was snowing in Carson City on Friday night, so there was concern about parade day. But the sun came out, the temperatures were in the low 40s and it was absolutely perfect. I love Nevada Day!

I have a few more photos I'll post when I get some time, and I would strongly encourage anyone who can to attend next year, when we'll celebrate Nevaday's 140th birthday.



Comments: Post a Comment
 
 

 

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?