|
The latest:
Tuesday, August 19, 2003
>> If it's too good to be true, it probably is. The Donner Party seems like a parody site, but then again I remember guys like this from high school. In fact, Von Neumann's Catastrophe, the art-rock band I played for back then, got into a "battle of the bands" mainly because the organizers didn't want every band to sound like Poison. Unfortunately, the audience did. We played a lot of our own tunes, which didn't go over well. The covers we did play included a funky, urban version of Dr. Seuss' "One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish" and didn't go over well either. The audience was screaming at us, throwing things at our singers, and finally our bandleader decided to drop the big one: An extended version of "Seed People," the most irritating folk tune I've ever heard. The keyboardist and I -- who weren't needed -- were damn glad to clear the stage.
Comments:
Post a Comment
|