|
The latest:
Monday, April 21, 2003
>> It doesn't look like much, but the Old Punks Web Zine -- lovingly assembled by a former Las Vegan we respectfully called "Uncle Punk," Emerson Schiff -- has some of the best damn critique of the punk and new wave era I've ever read. Way better than the gobshite I used to hork up for a paycheck. Dig:
"The Go-Go's last album came out in 1984. That's before your statistically average punk kid was even born." "Today's Emo bands are good kids from good homes." "If Peter Gabriel's 'I Have The Touch' ... doesn't force you to dance around the room until you puke, you must be dead, my dead friend." As the man says, "Punk is never having to say you're alternative." Or a rock critic, I'd wager. I wish I could become a punk retroactively, but alas, it's much too late. The minute you come to own a Sting album, there's no going back.
Comments:
Post a Comment
|