pre2k.com
you never open your mouth until you know what the shot is
 
 


The latest:

Thursday, October 10, 2002
>> 
So yes, I did say Monday. No excuse beyond the usual, but then Bryan posted the link to the NY Times Japanese toilet story and I had to allow for a little bit of time for it to sink in, as it were. But here it is, the best pre2k could do on the GOP Saturday Morning Cartoon Mascot Question:

  • Bryan puts his money on Yosemite Sam: "Big guns, big attitude, little man." I can see that, but he always seemed more like a Libertarian to me.

  • My lovely wife Rachael goes for the mainline with Elmer Fudd. The obvious candidate, really: Conservative clothes, homophobia, a love of hunting and lots of cash: "My name is Elmer P. Fudd. I own a mansion and a yacht."

  • I have no idea what Geoff's been eating lately, but he compares the current administration to the Legion of Doom: "Bush as Lex Luthor, Cheney as Bizarro, Condi Rice as the Scarecrow, Colin Powell as Brainiac and Ari Fleischer as Solomon Grundy. See for yourself, the resemblence is uncanny." Sure, Geoff. Sure.

  • But for me, there can be only one: Daffy Duck, specifically the Arabian Nights/Ali Baba-themed episode with Bugs Bunny and the immortal words: "It's mine! It's all mine! I'm independently wealthy!"




Comments: Post a Comment
 
 

 

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?