|
The latest:
Wednesday, June 05, 2002
>> As a card-carrying Unix-loving, Apache-shilling open-source zealot, it's hard to me to admit that I use Windows 2000 and Internet Explorer on a daily basis. But the unthinkable happened about a week ago. I checked out the latest Mozilla build, expecting their usual buggy, bloated and shitty excuse for a browser. Imagine my surprise when the thing actually worked. It works so well, in fact, that I've dropped IE entirely, so I'm not real worried about the latest security hole, involving, of all things, Gopher. I'm reminded of the time I didn't get a job at UNR because I couldn't think of compelling content to offer on their gopher site, and instead suggested we should ask what the users wanted. The interviewer's reply was along the lines that "They don't tell us what they want; we put up what we think is best," which goes a long way in explaining why Gopher is now mainly used for exploiting Microsoft security holes.
Comments:
Post a Comment
|