pre2k.com
you never open your mouth until you know what the shot is
 
 


The latest:

Thursday, November 01, 2001
>> 
I'm very pleased to announce that last weekend, while helping a friend move to Seattle, I spotted my very first real live "Muffler Man." This tall drink o' water shills for a trailer park somewhere along I-84 in Southern Idaho (we didn't stop quite long enough to get our bearings, being in Idaho and all. Every truck stop had a Focus on the Family book rack and a selection of guns).

The Man pictured was likely manufactured by International Fiberglass, circa 1962. That's right -- he and his brethren have stood proud beside diners, tire dealers, country stores and tourist traps across America since Kennedy (draw your own parallels). Seeing one in the flesh ... er, fiberglass was akin to a religious experience. You can read their amazing true story, and perhaps find a Muffler Man, "Happy Halfwit" or "Uniroyal Gal" near you, at the terrific Roadside America site. One hand up, one hand down, big dopey grin, taller than yer dad ... accept no imitations.



Comments: Post a Comment
 
 

 

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?