|
The latest:
Friday, October 12, 2001
>> From the Washington Post:
So far, no promoters have called to cancel any of Anthrax's upcoming shows, but lead singer Scott Ian is feeling a little nervous about the name of the beloved thrash-metal band. "This isn't the kind of exposure we want or need," Ian told The Post's David Segal yesterday while driving along Santa Monica Boulevard. "It's as though it's 1937 and I'm a bandleader named Freddie Hitler..." The 37-year-old metal hero said he came up with the name 20 years ago, in high school biology class, before he'd even heard of germ warfare. ...He finds little comfort in all the accidental traffic on the band's Web site, Anthrax.com. "It's kind of weird because anytime the word is on the news, anytime I hear it on television, I hope maybe they're talking about the band," Ian said. They're not, alas.
Comments:
Post a Comment
|