|
The latest:
Thursday, January 18, 2001
>> Kirsten's out there watching some damn dragon movie from the '80s. "Dragonslayer." The one with the butch chick and the fem hero. The roars of the dragon are scaring the poor cat. Still, it's very pre2k. Little did you know! Pre2k: Another excuse to convey Life of Bryan, without benefit of John Cleese. I'm drinking pear cider because all of the Shiner is gone. Pear cider. Now who's the fem? There was a point in all of this when I started, but now it's boiling down to indulgence, the whole reason I was afraid of doing a blog in the first place. I browse sites that are linked from blogger.com and other places, and I see little pieces of myself in many of them, especially the ones created and nurtured by college students. That's probably because the thing I have written that I like the best is "The Wanderer," a column I wrote in college. I went around campus, looking for weird stuff to write about. Sometimes it was observations, sometimes interesting facts. That beautiful humanities building with the ivy-coated facade? Used to be the ag building. That's why there are gutters lining the walls in your poetry class. Those were to catch the blood. Stuff like that. Now everyone can do this, and I wonder how much we can all take. Thousands of people publishing thousands of things. Lists of their favorite songs, movies, books. What they ate for breakfast, what they're drinking right now. A personal writer for a tiny audience. Amazon has turned everyone's desire to be a trendsetter into a business. Pure genius. Well. I'm not nearly drunk enough to write anything interesting tonight. I'll go read some Haruki.
Comments:
Post a Comment
|