pre2k.com
you never open your mouth until you know what the shot is
 
 


The latest:

Thursday, January 18, 2001
>> 
I didn't think you could improve on perfection, but here we go again: The powers-that-be at Fisher Price have redone the View-Master, giving the seemingly ageless 3-D viewer a radically different shape and -- more importantly -- a doubled image size. The translucent version isn't pictured, and it's by far the most interesting: I knew the mecahnics of these things was simple, but I had no idea how simple. There's practically nothing to it.

Go to Target, pick up one of these $6 beauties, and dig your old reels out. If you don't have old reels, go to Ebay, where I've currently got bids on several. Better yet, have the company make custom reels for you. Wow.

I always thought a View-Master magazine would be cool. You read the articles on Heather Graham and Johnny and Luther Htoo, then dig the reels out of the flap in the front of the book and look at God's Army in action, or salivate over Herb Ritts photos of Graham playing nude volleyball or whatever. It's the cult of celebrity, comin' at ya in 3-D!

Production costs would kill it dead after a half-dozen issues, but man, what a great six issues those would be.



Comments: Post a Comment
 
 

 

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?